SILVADUR™ Antimicrobial Technology Is Recognized For Technological Excellence By R&D Magazine
SILVADUR™ Antimicrobial's technological significance was determined by an independent panel of judges and R&D Magazine editors based on the product’s attributes. These attributes include:
- Its patented "smart" system intelligently controls odor-causing bacteria by accurately releasing a prescribed amount of silver ions on the surface of fabric treated with SILVADUR™ when they are needed.
- Its unique liquid and organic form of silver, which enables it to be safely and effectively applied in markets where antimicrobials could not previously be used.
- Its compatibility with both natural and synthetic fibers, as well as a broad range of common textile additives, detergents and other finishing treatments.
- Its ability to provide antimicrobial protection to apparel and textiles for 50 or more washings.
- Its liquid formulation, which can be easily applied and processed using multiple methods, including pad and exhaust applications, differentiating it from most other products available on the market today.
- Its formulations, which are reusable and recyclable because they are water soluble and inherently light stable.
- Exhaustive in-vitro and in-vivo testing has demonstrated that SILVADUR™-treated articles are neither irritating nor sensitizing to human skin.
"Our goal was to apply Dow Microbial Control’s technology leadership in developing a credible, effective and easy-to-use microbial control product that would enable apparel brand owners and textile suppliers to offer consumers long-lasting freshness in their products," said Karel Williams, global strategic marketing manager for Dow Microbial Control. "This recognition from a prestigious publication like R&D Magazine validates to the marketplace and our team at Dow that we have met our goal."
USE BIOCIDES SAFELY. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND PRODUCT INFORMATION BEFORE USE.
SILVADUR™ is a Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company.